Monday, April 11, 2005

SprintPCS New For You Upgrade Program

If you're looking for an affordable SprintPCS phone without having to replace your current phone number, goodluck. I have been looking to replace mine for the last 6 months since my Samsung phone died on me. The ones in the SprintPCS store are way overpriced considering most companies are practically giving away free phones. Sure you can get one from Ebay, but surprisingly they're not cheap either. I've been asking all my friends and coworkers, but most of them are not on the Sprint network. I even visit SprintPCS website often looking for new phone and deals, but found nothing. Finally, my sister Lori told me about how Sprint services their existing customers and that there is a rebate program.

If you haven't already have an online account with SprintPCS.com, get one. Its greats. Give you a lot of information on your plan, manual to your current phone, text messaging and phone usage. They're all accessible. If you lost your password, they will instantly send it to your phone. You may need to wait over night to use it though. Here's what I found on the website.

Sprint doesn't give out free phone or give out deep discounts on phone unless you open a new line, which you will cause you to lose your current phone. They are aware of this, so they're offer existing SprintPCS the New For You Upgrade Program which give existing customer up to $150 credits towards a new phone. To be eligible for this rebate every 18 months, you must:

1. Have a $35 plan.
2. Account must be in good standing and have not change your phone in the last 18 months.

Before you decide to change your SprintPCS phone, check to see if you are eligible.

If you are, visit your local SprintPCS store to get a rebate submission forms. You'll need to buy a new phone and they'll send you a rebate. It a bit of a hassle, but at least you don't need to pay the ridiculous full price or settled for a used phone on eBay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sprint phones are like aged wine.

Even though I dropped mine in the sink and disconnected their services, I still use it as an alarm clock. You can't go wrong going to sleep with a Sprint.